Figure 1: Typical Muppeteer Muppeteering
- mouth line
- arm wire or rod
- 6' playboard ground row height— Bottom cut off (usual)
- Beard (much preferred)
- Headset— with mike positioned in front of mouth
- Head—often in the way. Watch out for furry animals 1" up above camera cutoff
- Head set cable
- Small monitor
- Sandbags or braces
- Helps to have people to dress the mike cables as needed if performers are moving around
- Monitors need repositioning in each new scene location.
- All puppeteers should have vision of a monitor
Figure 2: "Ideal Muppeteer (We Don't Quite Have Them Yet)"